Across the top you will see the toolbar. There is probably little that you will need to use from here:
- The WordPress Logo offers links to various WordPress resources, mostly aimed at site developers.
- My Sites lists the sites (within probusclub.net) that you control, usually just one.
- The Homepage icon will take you directly to your site, as your site visitors will see it. If you do that, your site will appear with this toolbar at the top (because you are logged in), so you can click on My Sites to get back to your dashboard again.
- The speech bubble takes you to a list of comments on your blog posts. Most Probus sites do not enable comments by default so this is generally irrelevant.
- The New link allows you to add a new page or post, but you can also do that from the main dashboard menu.
- On the far right is a link to your user profile, and also the place where you logout.
- Dashboard returns you to the top level of the dashboard.
- Posts shows a list of your blog posts and allows you to add a new post.
- Media shows a list of images and files you have uploaded and allows you to add more.
- Pages shows a list of your web pages and allows you to add a new one.
- Comments allows you to manage blog post comments, if you enable them.
- TablePress is where you go to edit your programme of events and other tables.
- Appearance gives you access to the menu editor
- Profile is for your user profile, also available on the toolbar.
- Sign-up Sheets is used to create online lists for members to sign up to. It appears only if you have asked for this facility.
We’ll go on to discuss all these items in more detail, but first it is worth getting to grips with some basic WordPress building blocks, namely Pages, Posts and Media.« Logging In Home Pages, Posts and Media »