Scope of supply
We create, maintain and host websites with flexible layouts that adapt to the capabilities of many devices and screen sizes. The websites we provide to clubs or groups are intentionally designed to be simple and low cost. This means that there is limited customisation available as all sites in the family use the same template.
Browser testing no longer means attempting to make a website look the same in browsers of different capabilities or on devices with different size screens. It does mean ensuring that a person’s experience of a design should be appropriate to the capabilities of a browser or device. For this reason, a site may look different on a mobile device, and we cannot guarantee that a specific page layout will be used.
You are responsible for supplying all content to be added to the site. This includes all text and graphics/photographs. Text can be supplied as plain text in an email or as a file, or in most word processing formats such as Microsoft Word. You should supply photographs in a high-resolution digital format. You should only use photographs which you own, or which you have permission to use (see intellectual property rights).
If you opt to have us apply updates to your site rather than logging in and updating the site yourself, we can only provide a limited number of updates per year, due to the low-cost nature of these sites. We ask that you provide updates no more than twice yearly. This is not a fixed limit as there will always be exceptional circumstances, but we ask you to stick to this as a general rule.
Basic technical support by email is included in the maintenance plan. If you are unsure how to do something, or you get stuck or are having problems with your site, please get in touch and we will help you to resolve it. Our aim is to help you to understand how best to use your site so that you are able to work independently. If we make changes ourselves, we will explain to you what we have done.
We do not normally provide training sessions. We provide an online guide to editing your own site, which also references other general guides to using WordPress.
Search engine optimisation (SEO)
We don’t guarantee improvements to your website’s search engine ranking, nor can we promise to get a site higher up or to the ‘top of Google’, but we build our sites in a way that is accessible to search engines, in an effort to increase its chances.
We will carry out our work in accordance with good industry practice and at the standard expected from a suitably qualified person with relevant experience.
That said, we cannot guarantee that our work will be error-free and so we cannot be liable to you or any third-party for damages, including lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential, or special damages, even if you have advised us of them.
Intellectual property rights and copyright
You guarantee that all elements of text, images, or other assets you provide are either owned by you, or that you have permission to use them. When you provide these assets to us, you agree to protect us from any claim by a third party that we are using their intellectual property.
We guarantee that all elements of the work we provide are either owned by us or we have obtained permission to provide them to you. When we provide text, images, or other artwork, we agree to protect you from any claim by a third party that you are using their intellectual property.
You will own the website content that you have provided to us. You can at any time export this content as a WordPress export file, and re-import it to another WordPress website from another provider.
We own the WordPress theme design, so this may not be used on another site without our express permission.
All payments are in advance for the following year and are normally invoiced at the end of the month, with 30 days to make payment.
Payment for the initial site setup is due when the initial content is considered reasonably complete but limited to one month from the time the setup is authorised by you.
Annual hosting and maintenance payments are due annually starting from the anniversary of site authorisation.
Domain names, if provided by us, are payable with the setup fee and with the annual hosting fee.
Invoices are sent by email via our accounting provider. You agree to provide an email address for invoicing and advise us of any changes to this contact.
Payment may be made by bank transfer, by direct debit or by cheque. Bank and postal address details will be provided on your invoice.
Acceptable use policy
By using any service provided by Skirrid Systems you agree that:
- You will not violate any applicable laws, regulations, ordinances, rules or any requirements of any applicable national or local authority/regulator;
- You will not make, attempt or allow any unauthorized access to your hosting account and/or services;
- You will not display, store, distribute or otherwise make available any content or material that you are not authorized to, whether because prohibited by law, agreement or other reason. This includes but is not limited to copyrighted music, video, photos, designs, files, copyrighted software, personally identifiable or protected confidential information, trade secrets, etc.;
- You will not harm or seek to harm anyone in any way;
- You will not upload any content or links to other websites that:
- infringe any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of any party;
- profess hatred for particular social, ethnical, religious or other group;
- contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, ransomware, spyware, adware, scareware, corrupted files, or any other malicious software or programs that may interrupt, limit the functionality or destroy any software, hardware or equipment;
- contain Illegal or Hacking/Phreaking Software (Warez);
- contain any software that is copyrighted and not freely available for distribution without cost.
- contain adult content, pornographic, obscene, unlawfully harassing, or connected with child abuse or sex-related merchandising;
- contain personal data, private information, images, photos, videos and any other identifying information or material of any third party, including children without their consent (or a parent’s consent in the case of a minor);
- advertise, encourage or give any kind of support to the use and/or sale of drugs and any related substances without permission by the government or other authority;
- contain any data, material that is unlawful, abusive, threatening, harassing, or defamatory;
- contain fake news, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate information;
- promote, encourage, or give any kind of support to violence and terrorism.
Any material that in our reasonable opinion is either obscene or threatening is strictly prohibited and will be removed from our servers.
You agree to keep your login credentials secure at any time.
Skirrid Systems shall not provide legal advice referring to compliance of content and materials uploaded on or transmitted through our Services. You shall be solely responsible for verifying whether your content and materials comply with any applicable law, including laws in jurisdictions where your content and/or materials are uploaded, hosted, or accessed. Skirrid Systems shall not bear any liability if your use of the Services violates any law or regulation.
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate the website service for violation of the acceptable use policy with no refund.
Copyright © 2023 Skirrid Systems