Setting up a website for the first time, or replacing a website that is outdated, can seem a daunting prospect. Probusclub.net helps UK Probus clubs get started with a simple design at a price they can afford. We look after the technical side for you so all you need to do is provide the information.
Although a website is not essential for clubs it does provide a very useful means of attracting new members as well as keeping existing members informed.
- A clean, modern look to websites.
- Mobile- and tablet-friendly.
- Simplicity for clubs that do not wish to maintain their own site, and flexibility for those who want it, with the ability to change that option at any point.
- Secure access using https:// which is becoming increasingly important as web browsers start to issue warnings about insecure sites.
- Consistent look and feel to participating club sites.
- Automatic inclusion on our UK map of clubs.
- Web hosting and domain name maintenance taken care of.
- Email addresses encoded automatically to reduce spam.
- No advertising or sponsorship on your website.
- Technical support (by email) included.
You can find a lot more information on the website features page.
The sites for these fictional clubs illustrate how the websites can be used.
Causton and Midsomer is a clean but simple site, giving an introduction to the club, directions to the venue, the year’s programme and a person to contact. Once set up, all you need to do is supply an updated progamme each year and any changes required to the other details.
Ambridge shows an example of a site with the same overall appearance, but where a club member updates it regularly with news reports and photo galleries. This site has an additional page detailing the history of the local club, a page with photographs of the club officers and a news page. The news page shows a chronological listing of recent events and you can view the full report by clicking on the heading in the listing page. Most of these contain photos and one, the farm visit, has a gallery of photos showing how high quality images can be displayed.
Although our website was functional and informative it was tired. As someone used to managing IT projects, I was looking for confidence in the overall technical design of these systems and engagement with the development team. During the specification phase Simon proved to be very patient, professional and knowledgeable in clarifying the many questions I had. So, if you are looking to create your own online presence or you want to re-vamp for your old site, you need look no further than Simon at Skirrid Systems.Keith Taylor, Coventry Probus Club
With this facility, there is no reason for any Probus Club to be without a website. Simon set up all the basic information I gave him and that is all you really need, although I have chosen to do updates myself and also explored other features which give the website a more comprehensive feel. Contact Simon if you are interested – he is very approachable and helpful. If you want more information from a Probus point of view, contact me via our website.Dave Vickery, Cromer & Sheringham Probus Club